The 2018 ORIAS winners were announced at this year’s annual awards gala at the ICC Sydney Grand Ballroom.
With 800 guests in attendance, the ninth annual ORIA's showcases and recognises the achievements of local online retailers in 17 categories. The event provides a closing for the Online Retailer Expo in Sydney which is held for two days and is Australia’s annual one-stop-shop for retailers of all sizes and channels to discover the latest tech, trends and possibilities across the entire ecommerce spectrum.
The awards this year was hosted by renowned TV presenter, Gorgi Coghlan, who is most known for her guest presenting role on ‘The Project’.
Event Director, Alice Kuepper stated:
“The ORIAS honour the retailing champions that set new standards of brilliance for online and in-store, whether that be through innovation, growth or customer experience. These awards are a testament to retailer’s dedication and hard work to stay competitive in today’s modern marketplace."
Commission Factory CEO, Zane McIntyre presented the award for Best Online Retail Marketing and when asked about the event and why Commission Factory attend each year at both the Expo and the ORIA's he said
"It's an event we enjoy and look forward to each year. Our business supports this industry and is closely tied to the success of online retail. We also get that chance to meet our clients face-to-face and talk shop, many have also become great friends of Commission Factory."
Below are the winners of the 2018 ORIA's and a massive congratulations from all of us here at Commission Factory.
- Best Bootstrapped Growth Initiative: I=Change
- Best International Conqueror: Showpo
- Best Omnichannel Customer Service: The Daily Edited
- Best Social Commerce Initiative: Showpo
- Best Mobile Commerce Site/Application: Catch
- Best Site Optimisation & Design: Showpo
- Best Online Retail Marketing: Beer Cartel
- Best Pop-Up Experience: Hunting For George
- Best In-Store Initiative: Cue Clothing Co
- Best Multichannel Retailer: Supercheap Auto
- Best Small Independent Retailer: Flora & Fauna
- Best New Online Retailer: Little Designer Club
- Best Pureplay Online Retailer: Booktopia
- Industry Recognition: Tony Nash
- Online Retailer Of The Year: Showpo
- Australia Post People’s Choice Award – Small Online Retailer: Koh Australia (Ekoworx)
- Australia Post People’s Choice Award – Large Online Retailer: Kogan.Com